Thursday, July 23, 2009

Julie and John: The Other Jules and Albie?






The ceremony was set in the beautiful Fountain Place downtown.
John loves Julie, and he was so excited to see her walk down the aisle.



Loved this little shot of John and Julie leaving the ceremony with her daughter.
Julie and John had one of the coolest cakes I've seen.
Coolest bride and groom cake toppers ever!
A wedding with cake AND desserts. My kind of wedding.
Okay, I've met our doppelgangers. I realized bit by bit the eerie (good eerie) similarities between Julie and John and Jules and Albie. The first time she called, I thought, oh a Julie, just like me, what a coincidence. Then the coincidences fell down a slippery slope. Julie and John were married last month on June 19th. Five years ago, Alberto and I got married on June 19th. At the wedding, Julie's nephew called her "JuJu", which is MY name, according to my nieces and nephew. Now here's the unimaginable clincher: Julie mentions to me in passing that part of RoboCop was filmed at the hotel where their reception was. Alberto and I had our reception at the Studios at Las Colinas, where many of the scenes from RoboCop were filmed! Okay, so here's the recap:

1. Both brides were named Julie.
2. They both married on June 19th.
3. Nephews and nieces have named the brides "JuJu."
3. Their receptions were both held at shooting locations for RoboCop.

Coincidence? Fate? Divine? Meant to be.

No comments: