Thursday, November 1, 2007

Zombie Wedding

Okay, okay, they did NOT have a zombie wedding. This is Carrie and Jorge Villadiego. While I was shooting their engagements at the Inwood Theater, we were chit-chatting about movies, and Carrie mentioned that she has always wanted to be in a zombie movie. Well! My husband/2nd shooter Alberto does special effects makeup. So around Halloween, Carrie and Jorge came over and we did their makeup. And lucky for us, one of those creepy carnivals was in town! So, we were going for a gritty "Carnival of Souls" look (1962 zombie movie by Herk Harvey). And it all fell into place. Part of Carrie's makeup around her mouth fell off due to a joke about a pirate from outer space that was sent to the future to DJ my wedding (my description of our wedding DJ). Ah, great story.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I have never heard of anything like this. You are so creative! Did they get this on canvas to go over the fireplace?

Janelle and Ella said...

WOW! Way to go Alberto! He has so many hidden talents I knew nothing about.